TWBC 2019 Vision – What is my “Next Step”
Opening Scripture: Matthew 4:18-19
18 While walking by the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon (who is called Peter) and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea, for they were fishermen.19 And he said to them, “Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.” (men - The Greek word anthropoid refers here to both men and women.)
Let’s establish the “What” and the “How” Jesus is doing in this Passage.
What – What is Jesus going to do? “Make you fishers of men.”
How – How is Jesus going to do it? “Follow me,…” Jesus is essentially saying “Follow Me and I’ll show you your Next Step.”
Jesus make two things very clear
- There is a “Making Process” the disciples were going to go through.
- The “Making Process” of their Spiritual Formation would be done in Steps.
Last February we, the Staff, went through a process and we came to the realization that we are good at getting people through the doors of TWBC but from there we were failing miserably at helping people in their Spiritual Formation (Discipleship).
So, we have spent almost a year changing culture, infrastructure, and creating a pathway and making process for your Spiritual Formation. Our heart is that you will always know your Next Step.
Next Steps is the orientation of your Spiritual fulfillment here at TWBC.
What does that mean?
This is the “Making you” path so you can fulfill God’s will for you and you be fulfilled in doing it.
Many times, we have found, people serve from Obligation and not Fulfillment. In that we see people step into roles and then quit.
“Cantaloupe – Cucumber Illustration”
We cannot operate anymore from a place of obligation and think that we, our church, will be fulfilled inside or outside of our four walls.
- The culture ahead is going to be empowered by the “Freedom to be unique.” The Freedom to be you.
- The culture ahead will help you find your Identity.The is who The Church, capital “C” is desperate be and the world is desperate to see, people who have found their IDENTITY.
- We have found that the key to long lasting fulfillment in the local church is involvement.
- We believe that your passion for your place in TWBC will propel you not to miss, find excuses, or depart the church.
There are NO SMALL roles in our church or in The Kingdom.
We Care about you, your growth as a believer and your Spiritual Formation. We are committed to your Next Step. Will you commit your Next Step Jan. 13, 20, 27?
Login/Register to leave comment