Mayday – Extraction Plan #3
Scripture Reference: Luke 10:1-9
1 After this the Lord appointed seventy-two others and sent them on ahead of him, two by two, into every town and place where he himself was about to go.2 And he said to them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest. 3 Go your way; behold, I am sending you out as lambs in the midst of wolves. 4 Carry no moneybag, no knapsack, no sandals, and greet no one on the road. 5 Whatever house you enter, first say, ‘Peace be to this house!’ 6 And if a son of peace is there, your peace will rest upon him. But if not, it will return to you. 7 And remain in the same house, eating and drinking what they provide, for the laborer deserves his wages. Do not go from house to house. 8 Whenever you enter a town and they receive you, eat what is set before you. 9 Heal the sick in it and say to them, ‘The kingdom of God has come near to you.’
Mayday- is an emergency procedure word used internationally as a distress signal in voice-procedure radio communications. The call is always given three times in a row ("Mayday Mayday Mayday") to prevent its being mistaken for some similar-sounding phrase.
The Extraction Call
The is the formal command given by a higher authority.
- Vs.1 There was an appointment to Go.
- Vs.2 There was a need
- Vs.2b They were praying for themselves because they were appointed in Verse 1
- Vs.3 Go “your” way! Be unique, be you, be bold with your people.
- Vs.4 By telling them what not to take He was telling them the distance to go; a 1-2 days max journey. Go where you know.
- Vs.5-6 How to Go with “Peace”
- Vs.7 Get Positioned. A lot of people are not effective or fulfilled because of not being positioned.
- Vs.8-9 the Kingdom is in them because of the appointment.
From Mayday to My Day
Through this series we have been living out the “Mayday Call” as we are the ones in Mayday. As we read the scriptures God flips the Mayday to My Day. My day to answer the distress call rather than make the distress call.
Today we become the rescuer not the one being rescued. It’s My Moment, My Time, My Day.
Stockholm Syndrome is a condition which causes hostages to develop a psychological alliance with their captors as a survival strategy during captivity. These alliances result from a bond formed between captor and captives during intimate time together.
This term was first used by the media in 1973 when four hostages were taken during a bank robbery in Stockholm, Sweden. The hostages defended their captors after being released and would not agree to testify in court against them.
Stockholm syndrome is paradoxical because the sympathetic sentiments that captives feel towards their captors are the opposite of the fear and disdain which an onlooker might feel towards the captors.
There are four key components that characterize Stockholm syndrome:
- A hostage's development of positive feelings towards the captor
- No previous relationship between hostage and captor
- A refusal by hostages to cooperate with police forces and other government authorities
- A hostage's belief in the humanity of the captor because they cease to perceive the captor as a threat when the victim holds the same values as the aggressor
The Extraction Plan (Graphic)
Identify – Who are we even looking for?
Personal Interest - Personal Investment vs. Personal Invite
Relationship vs a Number
Curiosity – What is the Why? What sets you apart from them even though you are in the same circle.
Invitation to Connect to Something More – Weekend Experience
Encounter w/ Jesus - Parking Lot to Parking Lot
All the above are about us extracting.
Begin being more – Next Steps, GroupLife (Serve, Grow, Know)
Go – Reach Out, Reproduce and Restore.
These 2 are about the life being created for the extracted.
In every extraction plan there are obstacles that stand in the way of a successful extraction.
Crisis – We, by default, automatically think of “Crisis Situations”
Non-Crisis – But what about those who need to be extracted but their life is OK just the way it is.
Who are you looking for?
Login/Register to leave comment