Love is in the Heir
(Any notes in red are main points for the screen)
Message description: God wants to awaken spiritual leadership in every household in this church. This message encourages families to recognize that we behave out of what we believe about ourselves and what's expected of us. We must believe that we are adopted into God's family. And He has embedded love within the Heirs of Christ.
In our nation, in some churches & in our homes there’s a spiritual decline. Since we’ve lost our identity we don’t know what we believe, who we are or how to be.
Over time, we’ve developed an insensitivity to Satans manipulations. A lack of spiritual truth has created blind spots in our families. Basically, when our families are under attack, we in-fight where we should unite.
And after the enemy is done, we’ve willingly relinquished our families to hopelessness, unfulfilled marriages or divorce.
The Spiritual Decline:
You will behave based on who you believe you ought to be. You rise to the role.
I believe this message is to spark a spiritual inclination. A restoration in your home, your marriage. I’d like to use for a thought: Love is in the Heir
“to speak evil of no man, not to be contentious, to be gentle, showing all meekness toward all men. For we also once were foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, hating one another. But when the kindness of God our Savior, and his love toward man, appeared, not by works done in righteousness, which we did ourselves, but according to his mercy he saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, which he poured out upon us richly, through Jesus Christ our Savior; that, being justified by his grace, we might be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.” Titus 3:2-7 ASV
Three Truths About Love:
- Love is an action word
- God so loved the world that He gave.
- Love is a gift to be given to someone else
- Love is redemptive
- The kindness of God was poured out richly through Jesus on the cross. His love was then and is still redemptive.
- Love compels one to rescue it object of value.
- Love is 'in' the heir
- Jesus is called our joint heir. He’s our big brother. He’s also see as a husband to the church as his bride.
- What is unmistakable about both of these descriptions is that we have been made one with God.
- We are adopted sons and daughters. We are born from above. What's flowing through Him is 'in' us.
- We have a new source of spiritual power, that shapes our morals, ethics and legality. That new power source is love. Love is in us the heirs.
- What would each home look like if love was in the air?
Swap in 'the heirs' in the verses in Titus for an idea of what a home in love looks like.
- A child can be adopted by a parent legally. They are part of a new family. But that child has to now accept the new identity, provision & culture of the new family.
- They can live as recipients of the inheritance or they can ignore their new reality.
- Many families are ignoring their identity in Christ. We want peace without the Prince of peace.
If you want love in the air at your home then take Action:
- Do the right thing. Treat them right, regardless to them treating you wrong. Especially to people who’ve wronged you. Love serves at the expense of one’s self.
- Don’t wait on a feeling. When people say they’ve fallen out of love, I say look back to the cross. What if Jesus’ commitment was based on feelings?
- Do everything in your power & God’s to keep it together. Before a husband & wife settle on a legal level in court what began in the Spirit, ask... “Have we done all to redeem our relationship?
- Don’t wait to feel motivated. Now is always the time to do what is right! Don’t wait to feel motivated, work yourself into motivation.
Login/Register to leave comment