Everyday Life – On the Way #1
Opening Scripture: Matthew 6:10-11
- God wants to use us Everyday “On The Way!”
- Dress Casual Series... it is Everyday Life.
- I will say or do things to specifically show the disconnect between“Sunday Morning” and “Everyday Life.”
10 Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread
In the opening message of this series we are establishing 2 things:
- Show the disconnect between“Sunday Morning” and “Everyday Life.”
- For Matthew 6:10 to happen, “the Kingdom of God to come,” it is not “Suddenly” but in the “Everyday Life!” The “Kingdom coming” is contingent on “Daily Bread” not suddenly miracles.
- Almost every Miracle happened “Everyday – On The Way” not as a specialized set moment in time.
Transformational Thinking Moment:
- Anything (Fun, Church, Career, Hobbies, Dinner) done outside of the Presence of God is Sin!
- If we are working forGod and not fromGod have missed it and Christianity is not any different to you than any other “works based religion.
As we are in this series we are going to follow the life of two sisters, Martha and Mary. Most of us would say “Oh Pastor, I just love to be like Mary, Martha’s younger sister, and sit at the feet of Jesus and worship.” But the truth is 99% of us fall into the Martha Category, busy and distracted.
Our “Mary Moments” are the anomaly.
Luke 10:38-42 Martha and Mary
38 Now as they went on their way, Jesus entered a village. And a woman named Martha welcomed him into her house. 39 And she had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet and listened to his teaching. 40 But Martha was distracted with much serving (or obligation). And she went up to him and said, “Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Tell her then to help me.” 41 But the Lord answered her, “Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things,42 but one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her.”
The Pulls of Life
Opportunity becomes an Obligation.
The opportunity that I prayed for some of you to get 2 or 3 years ago now is your biggest Prayer Request. Because the Opportunity is now an Obligation.
Example: Job Promotion, Kids, Marriage, I wish He/She would just come to church.
Example: The kids are the distraction even though they are the priority. “I gotta go and do..."
What is Important vs. What is Important in the moment.
It wasn’t, that what Martha was doing wasn’t important, it wasn’t important in the moment.
Everything that I am stressed about today is something I committed to yesterday.
Over the next 3 weeks we are going to address the spirits of:
So, where we are going right now is “What is Important vs. What is Important in the moment?”
Where you are going to go eat lunch in the next 30 minutes is important. But it is not important in this moment.
If the miracles that Jesus did were “On The Way” this moment is on His way. If you’ll receive your miracle now, then as you go you can do a miracle on your way.
Login/Register to leave comment